Brian goes back to Asia

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Counting Down the Days

I met my new permanent host family and am super excited!!  This family is unbelievable and I don't even know exactly where to begin.  Super nice, supportive, and patient with my language and understanding of the culture.  Definitely they will play a huge part in making another transition smooth.  I already feel super comfortable around them.  I am something like their 10th volunteer.  My primary project will be working with children in the orphanage and their are many opportunities for secondary projects as well.  Four days were spent touring my site, which as I have already mentioned am fairly familiar with.  But now I have a few ideas on where I want to start.  I will need a counterpart and also I must continue to progress my language skills.  Basically I am taking over a site from another volunteer who will soon depart back for the states.  Currently I am still really nervous but they were able to give me a pep talk and answer a lot of my questions.  Luckily I will have a short period of time after swearing in, which I can continue to familiarize myself with my site.  I expect it to be an extremely concentrated period of time.  There is only about a week left of PST, and pretty much from there Peace Corps cuts you loose.  YIKES!!  SCARY!  My schedule is packed with things to do, it kinda actually feels like finals week, but still much different.  The weather here is great!!!

2 comments:

  1. I am happpy to hear you are doing well and learing a lot. Here is the spaninsh gp results (GO REDBULL)
    1. Sebastian Vettel Germany Red Bull-Renault 66 laps 1hr 39m 03.301s
    2. Lewis Hamilton Britain McLaren-Mercedes +00m 00.6s
    3. Jenson Button Britain McLaren-Mercedes +00m 35.6s
    4. Mark Webber Australia Red Bull-Renault +00m 47.9s
    5. Fernando Alonso Spain Ferrari-Ferrari +1 lap
    6. Michael Schumacher Germany Mercedes-Mercedes +1 lap
    7. Nico Rosberg Germany Mercedes-Mercedes +1 lap
    8. Nick Heidfeld Germany Renault-Renault +1 lap
    9. Sergio Perez Mexico Sauber-Ferrari +1 lap
    10. Kamui Kobayashi Japan Sauber-Ferrari +1 lap

    11. Vitaly Petrov Russia Renault-Renault +1 lap
    12. Paul di Resta Britain Force India-Mercedes +1 lap
    13. Adrian Sutil Germany Force India-Mercedes +1 lap
    14. Sebastien Buemi Switzerland Toro Rosso-Ferrari +1 lap
    15. Pastor Maldonado Venezuela Williams-Cosworth +1 lap
    16. Jaime Alguersuari Spain Toro Rosso-Ferrari +2 laps
    17. Rubens Barrichello Brazil Williams-Cosworth +2 laps
    18. Jarno Trulli Italy Lotus-Renault +2 laps
    19. Timo Glock Germany Virgin-Cosworth +3 laps
    20. Jerome d'Ambrosio Belgium Virgin-Cosworth +4 laps
    21. Narain Karthikeyan India HRT-Cosworth +5 laps

    DNF. Felipe Massa Brazil Ferrari-Ferrari 58 laps completed
    DNF. Heikki Kovalainen Finland Lotus-Renault 48 laps completed
    DNF. Vitantonio Liuzzi Italy HRT-Cosworth 28 laps completed

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweeeeet- Itoh- you sound more confident every time you write. Sounds challenging and busy... and like an adventure- lots of people are dying for adventure! Live it up and be safe:) miss you. -Brooke

    ReplyDelete