Brian goes back to Asia

Friday, May 6, 2011

Peranent Site Announcement!!

So it is official.... I will be staying my training village of Krasnay Rechka (that spelling could be extremely wrong) for the next 2 years as well.  I am really excited about the opportunity to work here because already I feel that I have made a rapport with many in the community.  My primary focus will be working with children with mental disabilities.  And I will also be asked to do many secondary projects.  I have a few in mind and I am anxious to get started.  Volunteers have said that starting an English club is a good place to start.  I have been assigned a new host family that I will be required to stay with for the next 3 months.  On Tuesday all volunteers will venture to their permanent site for a short 4 day stay. Some may have to travel upwards of 5 hours to their future homes, while for me I am pretty sure I can make it to my new house in under 5 minutes with a brisk pace by foot.  Today a hike was cancelled due to concerns about the weather conditions, so instead I will be making good ole' American food with friends!!! Cheers and to all!!

2 comments:

  1. Brian... sounds like you are getting used to everything. Yay for American food! Sounds like a perfect fit for you~ English club and working with disabled children... you sound excited about your new projects too! You must keep us posted. Glad to hear you are meeting new people and starting to relax in your new home (at least for the next two years). I am sure the language will get easier with time... keep up the hard work and it will pay off. Take care. -Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for you and the people who will be fortunate enough to work with you! How lucky those children are.You are such an inspiration for me :)

    ReplyDelete